The Planex is justly celebrated because it makes the previously physically hard and messy task of sanding drywall into a clean, fast operation. With the Planex 2, Festool has added some new features that makes this great tool even better.
The specific improvements include:
- An LED ring light that acts as the surface control light. You can inspect your workspace before, during and after sanding. See the flaws and fix them before someone else sees them
- It’s no longer a rotary sander -- it’s a random orbit sander with a 4 mm orbit. No swirl marks!
- The T handle is ergonomically balanced and reduces fatigue. You can hold it up from the bottom with greater reach and for longer time periods
- The suction can be adjusted to reduce your effort, enabling you to even sand the ceiling one-handed
- The hose and plug minder keeps the hose and the cord (no longer at the base of the machine) snapped in and out of your way
Click on the video (nestled in the photos) for a good overview of these improvements. You'll get a smooth, professional finish and ergonomically comfortable sanding process that lets you finish the job with ease.
The Planex is powered by a small motor right up at the head, which gives you far better reliability and more power than other drywall sanders. The integrated hose and handle can be extended for high walls and ceilings. The basic unit comes with one extension which gets you to around 8.5 feet. For higher ceilings and walls you can add one or more extensions to the unit.
Being able to reach high spots means less fatigue, less moving around and fussing with ladders and set-up. You'll also achieve a more balanced, finished surface all around. Adjust the suction and see how the Planex can hold its own weight against ceilings, which decreases the perceived weight of the machine and relieves the load on the arms and back.
Variable-speed controls means you can adjust the machine to the needs of the surface, perfect for both rapid material removal or fine finishes.
The Planex will work with any Festool vacuum but is optimized to work with the CT 36 AC (AutoClean), which comes with a hose with a locking tool end. The "Auto Clean" feature regularly blows air in the opposing direction of the suction to keep the filters clean and at peak efficiency.
The set includes:
- Planex LHS 2 225 extendable drywall sander
- SC-LHS 2 225 hose clip
- Hook-and-loop fastener
- Granat P180 - pack of five
- D 220 mm Sanding Pad incl. interface pad
- Packed in a Systainer SYS3 XXL 337
The optional Planex accessories include an extension for extra high walls and a rest for the vacuum.
Note: We are continuing to offer accessories for the Planex Classic. The Planex Classic does not use the same extension as the newer Planex because of the tool’s redesign.